As a professional Real Estate Agent I often hear people ask this question. If you are asking yourself this, it is important that you take the time to honestly answer the following questions;
Do I need to sell this property or am I just testing the market?
Do I want to receive top market dollar for my Property?
Do I want to sell it soon or leave it on the market for a long period of time?
If you answered;
I need to sell.
I want Top Market Dollar
I want to sell it in a reasonable amount of time.
Then you should contact a Professional Real Estate Agent.
Why do I say this?
- Market Research shows that only about 5% of For Sale By Owners actually sell on their own, can you afford a 5% chance of selling your home.
- An independent study by the National Association of Realtors showed that Properties sold by the Owner on average sold at 10- 18% less than comparable properties sold by organized Real Estate.
- 99% of all For Sale By Owners that sell do so by listing with an Agent.
- 99% of all buyers use the services of a Real Estate Agent because they get them for free.
- A recent study showed that 90% of all buyers start their property search on the Internet usually Realtor.ca.
- 40% of all buyers found their new property on the Internet then contacted their agent to show them the property. 35% of buyers were introduced to the property by their agent. In total 75% of your potential buyers.
- Agents do not like to show For Sale By Owner properties because, the seller may not be motivated, or unwilling to pay a commission, and it leaves the Agent with a greater legal responsibility balancing the needs of the buyer and seller.
For more information and or a property evaluation contact me at 416-518-6193.
Dave Dunphy; Sales Representative, Sage Real Estate Ltd; Brokerage